Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday, December 2, 2010


Today I have to teach a cooking class so I won't be able to get all of the food entered until late tonight. The days that I work, whether teaching or catering, are the hardest for me. I'm on my feet all-day, there is no time to sit down and have a proper meal and it is crucial that I taste everything I cook so that I know it is good. I cook by taste and feel instead of by recipes.

Also, I'm going to do an entry on scales and weighing yourself everyday and why some diets recommend that you do it once a week and why I weigh myself daily with the understanding that there are normal fluctuations and that sometimes you can half a pound before you lose two. Sometimes the body holds on to fluids just before there is a drop. All very interesting to me.

Weight 145.6 up .6 since yesterday, but still down 2.2 since Sunday. I will be writing an entire post on the Fiddle Blog on normal weight fluctuations and the variables. What you are looking for is a downward trend on the entire week.

BREAKFAST (have you ever met a more boring person for breakfast than me! I just love cereal! I love other breakfast food too but I often eat that for brunch or lunch. I just have to have my bowl of cereal and hot tea every morning!)
1 1/4 cup Shredded Wheat n' Bran (200 calories, 8 g fiber)
1 mini box of raisins (45 calories, 1 g fiber)
1 cup of 2% milk (122 calories)
4 ounces of orange juice (56 cal)
2 cups of hot tea with 2 teaspoons of sugar in each cup and 2% milk (31 calories each cup, 62 calories total)

10:30 SNACK
1/2 Grapefruit (52 calories, 2 g fiber)

12:00 LUNCH
1 Fage Cherry Yogurt (130 cal, 10 g protein)
1 cup Pumpkin Soup (120 cal, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, vitamin A 310%, Iron 10%)
1 small banana (90 cal, 2.6 g fiber, 1.1 g protein)

Snack in the Car
Small Apple (55 cal, 2.5 g fiber)

Whole Foods
I cheese and cracker sample (35 calories)

Trader Joe's
1/2 mac and cheese balls sample

Bristol Farms
2 cheese samples (25 cal each= 50 cal.)

4:00 Meal before teaching Cooking Class
Beef Bourguignon Soup from Whole Foods
1 cup of Blackberries

At Cooking Class
Cheese and Cracker
Champagne
Sarah's hors d'oevures

3 Fingerling Potatoes with Caviar and Creme Fraiche
then more of the incredible Caviar Michelle's husband brought back from his trip! So good!

1 spoon Ahi Tuna Tartare with Roasted Macadamia Nuts

Grapefruit, Watercress, Celery Root and Avocado Salad Duo

Spinach Salad with Apple and Celery. Grapefruit Vinaigrette (home version of fancy Duo salad)

2 scallops with Ruby Red Beurre Blanc

Gougères
(lost count because we all just kept popping them in our mouths because they are so good! Recipe coming soon!)


2 Tiger Prawns with Thai Chili Sauce


Then I DID NOT eat when I got home at 11:00 from the cooking class. I'm usually very tired when I get home from a cooking class and want some small snack before I go to bed. So I was very proud of myself for resisting the temptation to eat just because I was tired and truly not hungry. I did have a sparkling water. Sometimes your body is just thirty and not hungry.










No comments:

Post a Comment