Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday, December 4, 2010

BOOST DAY!

On Boost Days you are just supposed to eat and enjoy yourself! You don't worry about tracking and you eat a lot in order to fool your body and boost your metabolism. After documenting the weight loss of over 100 people on the Fiddle Diet, those who were sure to include "Boost Days" lost more weight than those who did not. Boost Days fool your body and also prevent plateaus in dieting. Plan your BOOST days by looking at your calendar and social schedule. They are best when the fall on birthdays, holidays, special dinners, etc.

Because it is a BOOST Day you don't really need to track what you eat on that day. You are just supposed to eat and enjoy. I'm going to track (without measuring or calorie counts) just so you can see an example of what I'll typically eat on a boost day. Some are wine dinners were I've had 6-9 courses and tons of wine. Just remember the "Thanksgiving Principle" on Boost Days and eat and enjoy!

Breakfast
1 cup Go Lean Crunch
Hot Tea

Snacks and Lunch
I MUST taste the food when I work. I cook by taste and feel and that is how food comes out the best. So here is what I ate while cooking and then after I was finished working and had lunch

Gougeres
Wedge Salad with my Thousand Island Dressing
Brisket
Butter and Cream Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Fries
Haricots Verts

Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Chocolate Raspberry Tart

2 Glasses of Dom Perignon Rose (one of my favorites!!)

1/2 an apple, only because I realized I'd hardly eaten any fruit

Dinner
at our favorite Thai Restaurant. My girls love Thai food. I was cold so I ordered two soups and hot tea.
Won Ton Soup
Tom Kha Kai
Pad Thai with Shrimp (only a taste because I was full from the soup)

Dark Chocolate Pudding
Blackberries

Movie Theatre
some popcorn and one piece of Katherine's Swedish Fish

10:00 Snack
because I was tired and I tend to eat more when I'm tired after a long day of work. I went to bed at midnight the night before cooking that entire time and then got up at 6:00 AM to make the Raspberry Chocolate Tarts.
Stonewall Kitchen Dark Chocolate Carmels with Sea Salt. (incredible! I'm not usually tempted by sweets but this was so good!0
Hot Tea













No comments:

Post a Comment