Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I just returned from Thanksgiving week in Indiana. We eat all of our favorite foods that we never get every time we go home to visit Jason's parents: Shapiro's, Steak n' Shake, Bub's Burgers, Pizzalogy, Some Guys. Not to mention all the pies and feast that go along with Thanksgiving. So I returned with a gain of 4 pounds! Amazing since my jeans were so lose and almost falling off me on the airport on the way to Indiana. Thankfully, I know how to lose it again. I'll be recording here what I eat daily for those on The Fiddle Diet who would like to follow along or get ideas for their own plans. And remember to always ask yourself: "Where's the Fruit?" and "Where's the Veggies?" You want to be sure to eat a minimum of four servings of fruits and vegetables everyday. Enjoy what you eat and "May it Always Taste Good!" --Maili

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before I've had any water or tea. Coffee, water or tea will change the scale by up to a pound depending on how much you drink. So be sure to weigh yourself before you have anything to drink or eat for the most consistency.

Weight: 147.8

BREAKFAST
1 1/4 cup Shredded Wheat n' Bran Cereal (200 calories, 7.9 g fiber)
1 tablespoon raisins (or 1 mini box raisins (45 calories)
1 cup of 2% milk (122 calories)
2 cups of hot tea with 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2% milk (31 calories each cup so 62 total)
4 ounces orange juice (56 calories)

Daily Vitamins

SNACK 10:30
Small Bosc Pear (81 calories, 4.3 g fiber)

SNACK 11:30
In Costco and very hungry. Ate half container (about 1 cup, 62 calories, 7.6 g fiber) of blackberries (VERY low calorie and packed with goodness!)
Then only had one sample out of all the ones they offer: Chile Cheese Tamale sample (25 calories estimated)

LUNCH 12:15
Bean and Cheese Burrito (430 calories, 12 g fiber). I was out and didn't have a lot of options. Generally not the best choice because they are so high in calories. Some Chipotle and other fast food burritos are 700 calories or more! A beef or fish taco would have been a better choice. I was starving however and Bean and Cheese Burritos are a quick favorite and at least the beans have a lot of fiber.)
Water

SNACK 1:30
Small Tangerine (37 calories, 1.3 grams fiber)
Perrier

SNACK 3:30
1/2 Grapefruit (52 calories, 2 g fiber without membrane)
Handful of Arugula (3 calories. I'm a bit odd in the fact that I've always like raw lettuce greens from Parsley to arugula. Our friends Steven and Lori used to call me a rabbit. I truly like munching on them for a snack whether I'm dieting or not!)

DINNER 5:00 (eating early because we're still on Indiana time)
1 slice of prosciutto (35 calories. I was hungry while I was cooking)
3 ounces of grilled salmon (155 calories. Grilled on high heat with olive oil and kosher salt)
1/2 cup of white rice with sea salt (121 calories)
3/4 cup zucchini, sliced and sauteed in olive oil with sea salt (25 calories, 1.4 g fiber)
8 ounces of 2% milk (122 calories)

Cinnamon Apple Tea (0 calories)

Snack 8:00 PM
1/2 cup blackberries (31 calories)
Perrier

1,694 calories consumed

No comments:

Post a Comment